Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where does one go to find a Live in, full time Maid with some infrequent childcare of a 14 and 11 year old?

We live on a beautiful acerage with a new home 1/2 hour from Edmonton. The maid would have their own small studio apartment to call home and would have access to a vehicle. There would also be some driving and errands involved. I have looked for people on nanny websites, however they are looking for mostly childcare positions with minimal housework involved, where I am looking for the opposite. All housework, and minimal childcare (mostly just supervision).

Where does one go to find a Live in, full time Maid with some infrequent childcare of a 14 and 11 year old?
Put an ad in the paper, I had a job like that when I was 18, watching a 12 year old and cleaning house for 5 people, making dinner etc. The 12 year old was seldom home but if his parents called I knew where he was, I didn't try to control him. Sometimes he would just say he was going to the country club to swim and be gone hours. This was 1966 so no cell phones, I was his connection if his mom called and would make him lunch.
Reply:try craigslist.com


No comments:

Post a Comment